The basic course in handling a helicopter is regarded as an introduction to the tasks of firefighters during a firefighting operation with a helicopter.
For more than ten years now, Air Zermatt has been offering basic courses to firefighters on how to work with helicopters. Well over 500 members of fire departments from all over Switzerland and its neighboring countries have benefited from these courses.
The course instructors are trained flight assistants, employees and instructors of fire departments. They expertly guide course participants through all the program's components.
The course is designed to teach participants how to work with helicopters in the context of the activities of a fire department.
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to correctly guide a helicopter
- Awareness of the requirements for attaching underloads
- Ability to be transported safely as passengers with HEC (long line) in difficult terrain
- Self-protection is a basic principle of fire services and is taught and put into practice here by the instructors
- Introduction and organization on site
- Opportunities and limitations of using helicopters
Workshop at the heliport:
- Basic knowledge of helicopters
- Practice activity on embarking and disembarking while hovering
- Transporting materials, underload flights, loading of motorized fire pumps
- Rescue helicopter equipment, HEC (long line) material
Practical component in the field:
- Guiding the helicopter for landings in confined areas
- Embarking and disembarking while hovering in difficult terrain
- Communicating with the pilots using hand signals
- Suspension with HEC (long line)
Return flight and final briefing at the heliport.
|Size:||Max. 12 people per course|
|Course dates:||Friday, June 12, 2020
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
Friday, July 3, 2020
|Requirements:||Active service as a fireman/-woman in a fire brigade in Switzerland|
|Continuing education opportunities:||Continuing Education Course I and Continuing Education Course II|
|Course price:||CHF 600.00 per person (including lunch)|
|Language of instruction:||German|
Downoad the flyer of the course here (currently only available in German).
If you have any questions or wish to register by phone, please contact us on +41 27 570 70 70 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.